Virtual Reality (VR) Health & Safety Warnings
Check http://alcatelonetouch.us/health-safety-warnings/ for the latest version of Alcatel VR headset health & safety warnings.
WARNING: HEALTH & SAFETY WARNINGS:
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL USERS OF THE Alcatel VR HEADSET CAREFULLY READ THE WARNINGS BELOW BEFORE USING THE HEADSET.
WARNING: Before Using VR Headset:
- Read and follow setup instructions in User Manual, before using VR headset
- Do not use the headset when you are:
- Suffering from lack of sufficient sleep;
- Under influence of alcohol or drugs
- Suffering emotional stress or anxiety
- If you are pregnant, elderly, have vision abnormalities or psychiatric disorders, or suffer from a heart condition or other serious medical condition, we strongly recommend seeing a doctor before using the VR headset.
WARNING: Children – Recommended and Discouraged Use:
- Children under age of 13 should NOT use the VR headset.
- Children age 13 and older should be constantly monitored by an adult to ensure:
- Health and Safety Warnings are followed
- VR headset is used as recommended
- Active use is limited in time and regular breaks is taken, where headset is removed
- Prolonged use is avoided
- Child is monitored for adverse symptoms during and after use.
WARNING: Risk of Seizures
- User should be aware that seizures, eye muscle twitching, severe dizziness or other conditions causing blackouts or loss of consciousness may be triggered by light patterns or flashes. These patterns can occur while using the VR headset.
- If you experience any of these symptoms you should immediately discontinue use of the VR headset and see a doctor.
- If you have a history of, or have been diagnosed with symptoms related to epileptic conditions, you should consult with a doctor before using the VR headset
WARNING: Vision Hazard
- NEVER aim the headset towards direct sunlight or other high intensity light source, such as lasers or car headlights as this may cause severe or permanent eye or skin tissue damage or severe burn injuries.
WARNING: Fire Hazard
- NEVER leave the headset in sunlight as this may cause fire or other property damage from sunlight focused into a high temperature area by the lenses in the VR headset.
WARNING: Heed Precautions
- Use VR headset while seated at all times, unless the VR game or VR application experience requires standing.
- At all times, use VR headset while safely away from:
- Other people or animals
- Sharp objects, such as knives & furniture edges
- Tripping hazards
- Stairs and Stairwells
- Open doors, windows and patio doors
- Balconies and patios
- Furniture, plants and other household items
- Slippery or wet surface
- Light fixtures and moving objects, such as ceiling fans
- Other electrical equipment or electrical outlets
- Choking hazards
- Other items you may bump into or trip over during or immediately after use of the VR headset
- We recommend that you gradually increase daily use of VR headset, starting with a few minutes for each use, even if you don’t feel any discomfort or side effects.
- We recommend taking prolonged and regular brakes while using the VR headset. An example would be removing headset for 10-15 minutes every 30 minutes.
- Use of VR headset can cause motion sickness similar to car, sea or air sickness and may not present until hours after using the VR headset.
- Do not use while driving or riding in a moving vehicle or operating machinery of any kind as this could lead to death, personal injury, or damage to property.
- If you experience motion sickness related symptoms, stop use and do not use VR headset until several hours after symptoms are gone before continuing use of the VR headset.
WARNING: Repetitive Stress Injury
- If you feel symptoms such as tingling, numbness, burning or stiffness in muscles, tendons or joints, stop using VR headset and rest for several hours before using it again.
- If above symptoms or other discomfort continue during or after use, stop using VR headset and see a doctor.
WARNING: CA Prop 65
This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
CAUTION: Hot VR headset or device
The device and VR headset may become hot when used together with VR features or VR applications for an extended period of time. Stop using the VR functions, take off your VR headset and remove your device from the VR headset to help it cool down before resuming use. Prolonged contact with an overheated device may cause discomfort or burns.